Frenzy Short-Film Festival is an initiative focusing on the social and psychological vulnerabilities of individuals and communities at large. This year we have two categories: Filmmaker (Final production Short-Film) & Screenwriter. All Shorts must revolve around some “Frenzy” episode (a phase in which excitement seems to lead us to unconsciousness, and that can become negative when control is lost, or behavior transgresses what society considers “normal”).
The 2021 Festival will run on line from November 12th to November 20th online and from November 12 to November 14 at the venue as part of the festival. Each film will have the link to allow watching it during those (9) days, (24) twenty four hours a day. Each film will have a pre-recorded Red Carpet with the film director, followed by a Q & A with a mental health professional. The venue will be El Barrio’s Artspcae PS109.
The 2nd Annual Frenzy Short-Film Festival seeks remarkable new filmmakers and script writers and diverse, engaging content–the type of work defined by forward-thinking perspectives and unconventional yet universally appealing stories.
The 2nd Annual Frenzy Short-Film Festival provides an opportunity for writers to get a final production on screen of their project.
Our goal is to produce, and promote the creation of cultural shows and events, through different art forms that reflect the traditions and enhance the values of our Latinx communities (including the Caribbean) and minority communities in general.
Frenzy Short Film Fest is made possible in part with public funds from Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation, Creative Engagement, supported by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and administered by LMCC.
Who can enter the 2021 Frenzy Short Film Festival?
The 2021 Frenzy Short Film Festival is open to all independent short films writers and filmmakers anywhere in the world that meet the following criteria:
What do I need to do to enter the 2021 Frenzy Short Film Festival?
- Download the application, fill it out and send it by mail to: email@example.com with the required attachments
- Select, in the application, the category or categories you wish to enter
- Script Writer
- Arrange online payment of entry fee: The 2021 Frenzy Short Film Fest entry fee is $35 for each short film entry and $35 for each script entry award category entered.
- Writers who reside in countries other than the United States are welcome to enter the contest; however, all scripts must be submitted in English or Spanish and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- All submissions must be received by May 30, 2021.
Documents and Other Requisite Items to be selected
- Topic: Psychological Short Film Festival
- The short film has to be about any Frenzy episodes. The Frenzy episode could be happen during the pandemic, but can be any other Frenzy episode not necessarily attached at the pandemic.
- It could be any genre, using mental health as the point of interest. Film topics may either be interpretive of mental health, or address it directly.
- Genre categories: We consider all genres (Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Historical Film, Science Fiction, Thriller/Horror)
- 10 to 15 minutes
- Attachments: See the Attachments specifications on the application
- Best Short, Film First and Second Place, receive the Frenzy Short Film Festival Statuette
- Best Script will receive the Frenzy Short Film Festival Statuette
- The three (3) selected scripts will get their screenplay turned into a screenplay movie. (Complete Production: Professional studio space, Director, Gaffer, Sound, Photography, actors, equipment, Post production (editorial, sound mixing, color grading, digital final mastering)
- Private film screening
- Film Screening online
- Film Screening in a venue as part of Frenzy Short Film from from November 12 to November 14, 2021.
- Gala Award Ceremony
- …and much more!
- The two (2) Best Cinematographic Works chosen by the jury will receive a monetary compensation to concede the rights to BIP, even after the festival, to present the short film on the BIP website or any other BIP’s live or online event, for one (3) months. (No exclusivity)
The Open Call for Screenwriters ends on May 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST
The Open Call for Filmmaker ends on August 15. 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST