HOW TO SUBMIT
Frenzy Short Film Fest is made possible in part with public funds from Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation, Creative Engagement, supported by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and administered by LMCC.
INTERNATIONAL FRENZY SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
- Download the application, fill it out and mail it with the required attachments
- Send it by mail to: email@example.com
Documents and Other Requisite Items to be selected
- The short film has to be about any “Frenzy” episodes and/or psychological issue triggered by a life event. The Frenzy episode could be happen during the pandemic, but can be any other Frenzy episode not necessarily attached at the pandemic.
- It could be any genre, using mental health as the point of interest. Film topics may either be interpretive of mental health, or address it directly. As such, we do not place any formal restrictions on submissions, and will consider all genres (drama, comedy, fiction etc.) but we do not accepts zoom works or readings.
Things to Attach:
- The short film – MOV format
- Screenwriter Bio/no longer than 50 words (Web Page & Social media pages)
- Actors & Director Bios/no longer than 50 words (Web Page & Social media pages)
- 10 to 15 minutes
- The short films require at least one actor. Can be monologues or multiple actors
- No charge
- Each selected participant is responsible for any compensation to their actors and technical crew
- Each selected participant is responsible for license, permits and payments to any unions such as SAG / AFTRA or any other.
- By jury: The jury will select Best Film 1s and Second place Best Film (Screenwriter)
- By audience: The public will select the best acting work (actor and actress) and Best Film (Screenwriter)
- Best Short Film First Place will receive the Frenzy Short Film Festival Statuette
- Second and Third place will receive the Frenzy Short Film Festival Award Certificate
- The three (3) Best Short Films will be presented in the venue during Frenzy Fest 2021
- The three (3) Best Short Films will receive promotional review in our Web page
- Best Actor and Best Actress will receive the Frenzy Short Film Festival Statuette.
- The three (3) Best Cinematographic Works will receive $500. 00 each one as compensation to concede the rights to BIP, even after the festival, to present the short film on the BIP website or any other BIP’s live or online event, for 3 months. (no exclusivity)
- Open Call start on August 10 and close on September 26 (11:59 P.M.)
- We will announce the selected participants on October 19, 2020
- Festival will be on from November 16 to November 21, 2020
- We will announce the Final Selected for the jury and for the audience on November 30, 2020.